Stephanie Shields, M.S.W., R.S.W.
To provide counselling that is individualized, integrative and collaborative.
Just as each one of us is unique, so too must be one’s therapy planning. My approach is a flexible one and readily adaptable to meet each individual’s or families’ needs and goals. Ultimately, we will work together to identify the process that best serves you and/ or your family.
I incorporate and integrate different treatment techniques and my experience has shown that using a variety of different tools in a collaborative manner is the most effective way to reach your goals.
Common Areas of Concern
My hope is to support clients as they work through life events or experiences that may be causing stress, anxiety or interfering in their day to day lives. Some examples include family stress that can arise from a marital breakdown, bereavement or loss of employment, career job stress, anxiety and stress related to school or social pressures, difficulties in managing behavioural or special needs children and acting as a resource for individuals or parents trying to navigate very complex educational and mental health systems.
- Master of Social Work from University of Toronto. 1996
- Private Practice at Leaside Therapy Centre since 2015
- Hincks Dellecrest Centre. Toronto
- Kinark Child and Family Services. Newmarket
- Registered Member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers