Eva Ingber, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
Counselling: Individuals Making Change
I work in partnership with my clients, focusing on people’s individual strengths, with a goal of enhancing one’s self-care and coping strategies. In addition, I provide counselling in the area of addictions and mental health, supporting the individual, as well as partners, and parents.
I work collaboratively with a focus on listening, empathy and goal setting through life transitions, as well as supporting people to make changes.
When people are considering counselling or making a change, they often feel ambivalent, not sure what steps to take. Together we will explore the importance of the change, one’s confidence and readiness to move forward
Areas of counselling include:
- Life transitions
- Making lifestyle and behavioural changes
- Relationship issues
- Women’s issues
- Substance use counselling from a harm reduction approach
- Mental health issues
- Coping strategies, self-care, setting boundaries
- Relapse prevention
- Supporting a significant other (partner, child, parent)
- around addiction and mental health issues, while taking care of yourself
Training and Experience:
- Master of Social Work degree from the University of Toronto
- Registered Social Worker
- Member of the Ontario Association of Social Workers.
- Member of the International Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT)
- Provides workshops to health care professionals on Motivational Interviewing
- Worked for over twenty years at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in the following roles: Advanced Practice Clinician, Manager of the Women’s Addiction Program, therapist, trainer
- Experienced using the following models: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Mindfulness, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Motivational Interviewing
I continue to learn from the people who come to see me and feel honoured to be working with people exploring their own process of change.
I would be happy to speak with you, and hear what you hoping to work on, answer your questions, and see if my skills are a fit for you.
Contact Eva Ingber
- 416 780 0158