Sometimes in life we are faced with a trauma. It is not something planned and it can feel overwhelming. Trauma therapy helps individuals resolve:
- single incident trauma (such as a car accident)
- complex trauma (such as physical, emotional or sexual abuse or neglect).
The therapist will help the individual:
- understand the impact of the trauma on their functioning and development
- resolve the negative effects of the trauma through verbal and non-verbal (EMDR) interventions.
Trauma Counselling Therapists Include:
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.
- Brenda Spitzer, MSc, RP, RMFT
- Brenda has clinical expertise in several issues with a special interest in depression, anxiety, trauma, loss, life transitions and their impacts on optimal functioning.
In a respectful, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, Brenda offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each of her clients’ individual needs to facilitate personal growth and change.
- Hazel Zemel, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple and family therapy with particular focus on blended families.
I have a deep appreciation of your story and an ability to get to the ‘heart of the matter’ quickly. You will find me compassionate, thorough and engaged.