Post- Adoption Services
Considering adoption? Or have you already adopted a child? Our therapists are experts in dealing with the emotions that come with both. Attachment Focused therapy offers help to parents whose adopted child/children are:
- demonstrating aggression and defiant behaviour
- rejecting the adoptive parents
- having difficulty with mistrust, lying, or stealing
- experiencing difficulty with school performance and peer relationships
Post Adoption therapy includes working with the adopted child and parents to help:
- the adopted child resolve his/her early losses and trauma
- parents understand the impact of an early history of abuse, neglect and deprivation on their adopted child
- parents develop strategies to help their child develop better emotional regulation
- parents engage in interactions with their child that promote trust and intimacy
The goal of the therapy is to recreate a healthy secure attachment.
Post-adoption Services Therapists Include:
- Marguerite McCarron, BA, Dipl. TCPP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in attachment focused therapy for foster and adoptive children, youth and families; educative/supportive groups for post-adoptive parents.
Over twenty years work in both child welfare and children’s mental health settings has provided me with extensive experience in child, adolescent and family counselling.