Parenting is probably one of the hardest jobs we have to do and it can be overwhelming at times. Getting support as you deal with the challenges that present themselves is the first step in optimizing your family’s dynamics and the relationships between its members. Parent counselling helps parents:
- understand why their children may be presenting problems
- develop strategies or interventions that will empower them as parents
- develop more trusting and secure relationships with their children
- assist their children to cope with the challenges of growing up
- practice co-parenting in mutually supportive ways
Parent counselling offers parents
- new ways to understand themselves as parents
- resolution of parent’s past issues with their own parents
- parenting strategies to help their children manage their troubles
Parent Counselling Therapists Include:
- Sheri Betel, M.S.W., RSW, Director, Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple therapy and parent counselling.
I am a strong believer that our childhood and early past are the blueprints to how our lives are structured now. While we may not be able to do much to change the past, understanding it better can help us figure out how to alter our current circumstances and even help predict our futures.
- Liza Finlay, BA, MA, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in individual, couple and family counselling.
My clients find me to be insightful and encouraging. I combine keen listening with perceptive observations that help those in need find the
courage and wisdom they need to create change.
- Helen Hargreaves, MSW, RSW, Therapist
- Specializing in family, parent and individual therapy with experience in LGBT households, gender independent children, and people on the autism spectrum or with learning disabilities.
I value diverse communities, including neurodiversity, and I believe in self-determination. This means that I don’t decide what needs to change; instead I help my clients change the things they want to. With over 12 years of experience, I offer therapy for individuals aged 9 to adult, family therapy (children must be over 4 years old to attend meetings) and parent coaching.
- Marguerite McCarron, BA, Dipl. TCPP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in attachment focused therapy for foster and adoptive children, youth and families; educative/supportive groups for post-adoptive parents.
Over twenty years work in both child welfare and children’s mental health settings has provided me with extensive experience in child, adolescent and family counselling.
- Kimberley McLeod, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy for adolescents, young adults and families.
Together we will establish goals that support your hopes and dreams. We will look at what is and what is not working for you and will put practical plans in place to encourage a positive future.
- Bonnie Miller, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in anger, family conflict, depression, anxiety and stress, for adults and children.
As a Brief Narrative therapist, I specialize in conversations that invite change within the first few meetings.
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.
- Chris Nisan, M.A., OACCPP, NASAP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in Adlerian counselling with individuals, families and grief counselling.
I am grateful to my clients over the years who have opened up their lives to me and who through their own process of recovery and growth, have taught me so much.
- Alyson Schafer, B.Sc., M.A. Counselling, OACCPP, AAMFT
- Specializing in Adlerian therapy for parents.
This is a therapy of experiential activities, insights and growth. It’s a gift to work with people as they come to know themselves and learn how to live life wholly and happily.
- Aida Seetner, MEd, RP, RMFT, RSW
- Specializing in relationship struggles including couple therapy, major life stresses, depression, anxiety and grief.
I believe that despite how vulnerable an individual may feel when entering the counselling or psychotherapy process, he or she possesses incredible strength within.
- Brenda Spitzer, MSc, RP, RMFT
- Brenda has clinical expertise in several issues with a special interest in depression, anxiety, trauma, loss, life transitions and their impacts on optimal functioning.
In a respectful, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, Brenda offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each of her clients’ individual needs to facilitate personal growth and change.
- Dr. Steve Webne, Ph.D., C.Psych., Registered Psychologist – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in treating children, adolescents and families. Provides psychological assessments.
I offer assessment, consultation and treatment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of those with whom we work. Above all, we listen to those we serve.
- Hazel Zemel, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple and family therapy with particular focus on blended families.
I have a deep appreciation of your story and an ability to get to the ‘heart of the matter’ quickly. You will find me compassionate, thorough and engaged.