We have a number of therapists whose focus is on helping families achieve stronger bonds, peacefulness at home and overall a better balance. The therapist creates a respectful environment which encourages healthy self-expression. Family therapy focuses on the dynamics that contribute to problems in a family, such as:
- difficult relationship between the parents
- behaviour problems with a child or with an adolescent
- adjustment of all family members to separation/divorce or a reconstituted family
- problems with adult children
- issues with aging parents
The therapist will help all members of the family to:
- express their perception of the problem
- recognize each persons’ relationship to the problem
- examine their part in maintaining or resolving the problems
- create new ways of interacting
- promote insightful, strategic problem solving
Family Therapy Therapists Include:
- Sheri Betel, M.S.W., RSW, Director, Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple counselling and intimacy issues.
I am a strong believer that our childhood and early past are the blueprints to how our lives are structured now. While we may not be able to do much to change the past, understanding it better can help us figure out how to alter our current circumstances and even help predict our futures.
- Liza Finlay, BA, MA, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in individual, couple and family counselling.
My clients find me to be insightful and encouraging. I combine keen listening with perceptive observations that help those in need find the
courage and wisdom they need to create change.
- Helen Hargreaves, MSW, RSW, Therapist
- Specializing in family, parent and individual therapy with experience in LGBT households, gender independent children, and people on the autism spectrum or with learning disabilities.
I value diverse communities, including neurodiversity, and I believe in self-determination. This means that I don’t decide what needs to change; instead I help my clients change the things they want to. With over 12 years of experience, I offer therapy for individuals aged 9 to adult, family therapy (children must be over 4 years old to attend meetings) and parent coaching.
- Eva Ingber, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in addictions, women’s issues and support to concerned significant others.
I work in partnership with my clients, focusing on people’s individual strengths, with a goal of enhancing one’s self-care and coping strategies. In addition, I provide counselling in the area of addictions and mental health, supporting the individual, as well as partners, and parents.
- Marguerite McCarron, BA, Dipl. TCPP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in attachment focused therapy for foster and adoptive children, youth and families; educative/supportive groups for post-adoptive parents.
Over twenty years work in both child welfare and children’s mental health settings has provided me with extensive experience in child, adolescent and family counselling.
- Kimberley McLeod, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy for adolescents, young adults and families.
Together we will establish goals that support your hopes and dreams. We will look at what is and what is not working for you and will put practical plans in place to encourage a positive future.
- Bonnie Miller, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in anger, family conflict, depression, anxiety and stress, for adults and children.
As a Brief Narrative therapist, I specialize in conversations that invite change within the first few meetings.
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.
- Chris Nisan, M.A., OACCPP, NASAP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in Adlerian counselling with individuals, families and grief counselling.
I am grateful to my clients over the years who have opened up their lives to me and who through their own process of recovery and growth, have taught me so much.
- Ruth Reiner, Psychologist, RMFT
- Specializing in insight oriented therapy for individuals, as well as couples.
For over 30 years, Ruth has helped people find their way out of sadness, confusion, miscommunication, repetitive cycles and life challenges.
- Alyson Schafer, B.Sc., M.A. Counselling, OACCPP, NASAP
- Specializing in Adlerian therapy for parents.
This is a therapy of experiential activities, insights and growth. It’s a gift to work with people as they come to know themselves and learn how to live life wholly and happily.
- Aida Seetner, MEd, RP, RMFT, RSW
- Specializing in relationship struggles including couple therapy, major life stresses, depression, anxiety and grief.
I believe that despite how vulnerable an individual may feel when entering the counselling or psychotherapy process, he or she possesses incredible strength within.
- Stephanie Shields, M.S.W., R.S.W.
- Specializing in therapy for individuals, parents and families.
For more than two decades, my practice has focused on providing a warm, compassionate and non-judgemental environment intended to support and empower my clients.
- Brenda Spitzer, MSc, RP, RMFT
- Brenda has clinical expertise in several issues with a special interest in depression, anxiety, trauma, loss, life transitions and their impacts on optimal functioning.
In a respectful, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, Brenda offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each of her clients’ individual needs to facilitate personal growth and change.
- Dr. Steve Webne, Ph.D., C.Psych., Registered Psychologist – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in treating children, adolescents and families. Provides psychological assessments.
I offer assessment, consultation and treatment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of those with whom we work. Above all, we listen to those we serve.
- Hazel Zemel, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple and family therapy with particular focus on blended families.
I have a deep appreciation of your story and an ability to get to the ‘heart of the matter’ quickly. You will find me compassionate, thorough and engaged.