Divorce is one of the most stressful things that a person will have to deal with in life. We are here to help you manage the transition. Many common problems after divorce may include:
- parental alienation or estrangement
- children or a parent experiencing depression, anxiety and/or anger at the loss of the family unit
- post-divorce conflict between parents
- adjusting to a new family constellation
Therapy helps children and/or parents:
- grieve the loss of the original family and loss of a spouse
- develop a new healthy single family or reconstituted family
- cope with a divorced spouse who may be alienating the children
- deal with post-divorce conflict between the divorced parents.
Divorce Counselling Therapists Include:
- Sheri Betel, M.S.W., RSW, Director, Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple therapy and parent counselling.
I am a strong believer that our childhood and early past are the blueprints to how our lives are structured now. While we may not be able to do much to change the past, understanding it better can help us figure out how to alter our current circumstances and even help predict our futures.
- Liza Finlay, BA, MA, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in individual, couple and family counselling.
My clients find me to be insightful and encouraging. I combine keen listening with perceptive observations that help those in need find the
courage and wisdom they need to create change.
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.
- Chris Nisan, M.A., OACCPP, NASAP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in Adlerian counselling with individuals, families and grief counselling.
I am grateful to my clients over the years who have opened up their lives to me and who through their own process of recovery and growth, have taught me so much.
- Ruth Reiner, Psychologist, RMFT
- Specializing in insight oriented therapy for individuals, as well as couples.
For over 30 years, Ruth has helped people find their way out of sadness, confusion, miscommunication, repetitive cycles and life challenges.
- Aida Seetner, MEd, RP, RMFT, RSW
- Specializing in relationship struggles including couple therapy, major life stresses, depression, anxiety and grief.
I believe that despite how vulnerable an individual may feel when entering the counselling or psychotherapy process, he or she possesses incredible strength within.
- Brenda Spitzer, MSc, RP, RMFT
- Brenda has clinical expertise in several issues with a special interest in depression, anxiety, trauma, loss, life transitions and their impacts on optimal functioning.
In a respectful, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, Brenda offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each of her clients’ individual needs to facilitate personal growth and change.
- Michael Vesselago, M.D.
- Specializing in Adlerian counselling with individuals, couples and families.
I am a keen diagnostician who never shies away from a challenge.
- Dr. Steve Webne, Ph.D., C.Psych., Registered Psychologist – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in treating children, adolescents and families. Provides psychological assessments.
I offer assessment, consultation and treatment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of those with whom we work. Above all, we listen to those we serve.
- Hazel Zemel, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple and family therapy with particular focus on blended families.
I have a deep appreciation of your story and an ability to get to the ‘heart of the matter’ quickly. You will find me compassionate, thorough and engaged.