The bond between couples can be challenged at times and threatened in many cases. Couple therapy is useful when couples are experiencing:
- difficulty with issues of trust or betrayal
- repeated arguments about the same issues
- poor communication
- intimacy issues
- loss of connection with each other
- difficulty collaborating as parents
The therapist facilitates a safe atmosphere so that partners can:
- change problem dynamics
- improve understanding of each other
- develop helpful communication skills
- gain feelings of acceptance
- feel the trust and security of a healthy relationship
Couples Counselling Therapists Include:
- Sheri Betel, M.S.W., RSW, Director, Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple therapy and parent counselling.
I am a strong believer that our childhood and early past are the blueprints to how our lives are structured now. While we may not be able to do much to change the past, understanding it better can help us figure out how to alter our current circumstances and even help predict our futures.
- Liza Finlay, BA, MA, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in individual, couple and family counselling.
My clients find me to be insightful and encouraging. I combine keen listening with perceptive observations that help those in need find the
courage and wisdom they need to create change.
- Bonnie Miller, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in anger, family conflict, depression, anxiety and stress, for adults and children.
As a Brief Narrative therapist, I specialize in conversations that invite change within the first few meetings.
- Ruth Reiner, Psychologist, RMFT
- Specializing in insight oriented therapy for individuals, as well as couples.
For over 30 years, Ruth has helped people find their way out of sadness, confusion, miscommunication, repetitive cycles and life challenges.
- Aida Seetner, MEd, RP, RMFT, RSW
- Specializing in relationship struggles including couple therapy, major life stresses, depression, anxiety and grief.
I believe that despite how vulnerable an individual may feel when entering the counselling or psychotherapy process, he or she possesses incredible strength within.
- Brenda Spitzer, MSc, RP, RMFT
- Brenda has clinical expertise in several issues with a special interest in depression, anxiety, trauma, loss, life transitions and their impacts on optimal functioning.
In a respectful, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, Brenda offers a highly personalized approach tailored to each of her clients’ individual needs to facilitate personal growth and change.
- Dr. Steve Webne, Ph.D., C.Psych., Registered Psychologist – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in treating children, adolescents and families. Provides psychological assessments.
I offer assessment, consultation and treatment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of those with whom we work. Above all, we listen to those we serve.
- Hazel Zemel, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple and family therapy with particular focus on blended families.
I have a deep appreciation of your story and an ability to get to the ‘heart of the matter’ quickly. You will find me compassionate, thorough and engaged.