Children are our greatest joys and concerns. We want to do the best for them but sometimes our children require independent therapy to help them cope with what is going on in their lives, from their point of view. Common concerns for children and adolescents include:
- depression and anxiety
- oppositional or defiant behaviour
- problems with anger management
- school performance
- difficulties with peers
- eating problems
- conflicts with the family
Work with a therapist can help the child to:
- express his or her feelings and thoughts
- work out solutions to the problems that are bothering him or her
- nurture self-worth and healthy emotional development
- improve relationships
- gain and share new perspectives
Children Counselling Therapists Include:
- Helen Hargreaves, MSW, RSW, Therapist
- Specializing in family, parent and individual therapy with experience in LGBT households, gender independent children, and people on the autism spectrum or with learning disabilities.
I value diverse communities, including neurodiversity, and I believe in self-determination. This means that I don’t decide what needs to change; instead I help my clients change the things they want to. With over 12 years of experience, I offer therapy for individuals aged 9 to adult, family therapy (children must be over 4 years old to attend meetings) and parent coaching.
- Marguerite McCarron, BA, Dipl. TCPP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in attachment focused therapy for foster and adoptive children, youth and families; educative/supportive groups for post-adoptive parents.
Over twenty years work in both child welfare and children’s mental health settings has provided me with extensive experience in child, adolescent and family counselling.
- Bonnie Miller, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in anger, family conflict, depression, anxiety and stress, for adults and children.
As a Brief Narrative therapist, I specialize in conversations that invite change within the first few meetings.
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.
- Sandy Poulson, B.A. (Hons psych) Dipl. CICAPP
- Specializing in therapy for children and adolescents
Working with children and adolescents of all ages who may be experiencing symptoms of anxiety or depression, low self esteem or who may be struggling to go to school.
- Dr. Steve Webne, Ph.D., C.Psych., Registered Psychologist – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in treating children, adolescents and families. Provides psychological assessments.
I offer assessment, consultation and treatment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of those with whom we work. Above all, we listen to those we serve.