Career and Educational Counselling
Career and Educational Counselling help students of all ages:
- evaluate their abilities
- explore their interests, talents, values and goals
- Understand their personality characteristics
- develop realistic education and career goals
- Understanding the education system (especially for newcomers to the country)
- Coaching parent to advocate effectively for their children
- Choosing the best school that will meet the needs of the student
- Support for families with Special Education concerns
- Choosing Courses that are needed for future studies and graduation
- Applying to university, college or workplace programs
- Writing supplementary applications to specialized programs and schools
- Seeking out available scholarship, bursaries and apprenticeship opportunities
Career Counsellors offer help with:
- Career planning.
- Resume and cover letter preparation.
- Job search strategies and interview techniques
- Planning next steps for young adults who have graduated from a post-secondary institution
- Helping young adults who need a job change
Career and Educational Counsellors include:
Career and Educational Counselling Therapists Include:
- Marlene Kaiman, B.Psych, B.Ed, Specialist Certificate in Guidance, Advanced Certification in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Specializing in career and educational consulting for children, adolescents, young adults and their families.
Whether you are a young student in elementary school, a student transitioning to high school, a teen deciding on post-secondary options or a young adult seeking or changing a career, I will guide you through the decision making process.