Children are our greatest joys and concerns. We want to do the best for them but sometimes our children require independent therapy to help them cope with what is going on in their lives, from their point of view. Common concerns for adolescents include:
- depression and anxiety
- oppositional or defiant behaviour
- problems with anger management
- school performance
- difficulties with peers
- eating problems
- conflicts with the family
Work with a therapist can help the adolescent to:
- express his or her feelings and thoughts
- work out solutions to the problems that are bothering him or her
- nurture self-worth and healthy emotional development
- improve relationships
- gain and share new perspectives
Adolescent Counselling Therapists Include:
- Liza Finlay, BA, MA, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in individual, couple and family counselling.
My clients find me to be insightful and encouraging. I combine keen listening with perceptive observations that help those in need find the
courage and wisdom they need to create change.
- Helen Hargreaves, MSW, RSW, Therapist
- Specializing in family, parent and individual therapy with experience in LGBT households, gender independent children, and people on the autism spectrum or with learning disabilities.
I value diverse communities, including neurodiversity, and I believe in self-determination. This means that I don’t decide what needs to change; instead I help my clients change the things they want to. With over 12 years of experience, I offer therapy for individuals aged 9 to adult, family therapy (children must be over 4 years old to attend meetings) and parent coaching.
- Marguerite McCarron, BA, Dipl. TCPP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in attachment focused therapy for foster and adoptive children, youth and families; educative/supportive groups for post-adoptive parents.
Over twenty years work in both child welfare and children’s mental health settings has provided me with extensive experience in child, adolescent and family counselling.
- Kimberley McLeod, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy for adolescents, young adults and families.
Together we will establish goals that support your hopes and dreams. We will look at what is and what is not working for you and will put practical plans in place to encourage a positive future.
- Bonnie Miller, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in anger, family conflict, depression, anxiety and stress, for adults and children.
As a Brief Narrative therapist, I specialize in conversations that invite change within the first few meetings.
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.
- Sonia Nicolucci, B.Sc., M.A., therapist, parent educator
As an athlete and mother of three athletic sons, Sonia is pioneering work in the field of sports psychology.
Clients find Sonia to be empathetic, encouraging and enthusiastic.
- Chris Nisan, M.A., OACCPP, NASAP, Registered Psychotherapist
- Specializing in Adlerian counselling with individuals, families and grief counselling.
I am grateful to my clients over the years who have opened up their lives to me and who through their own process of recovery and growth, have taught me so much.
- Josi Perotto, MSW, RSW, Dipl. TCPP, Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults
I have been working with children, adolescents and adults for over 20 years.
- Sandy Poulson, B.A. (Hons psych) Dipl. CICAPP
- Specializing in therapy for children and adolescents
Working with children and adolescents of all ages who may be experiencing symptoms of anxiety or depression, low self esteem or who may be struggling to go to school.
- Aida Seetner, MEd, RP, RMFT, RSW
- Specializing in relationship struggles including couple therapy, major life stresses, depression, anxiety and grief.
I believe that despite how vulnerable an individual may feel when entering the counselling or psychotherapy process, he or she possesses incredible strength within.
- Michael Vesselago, M.D.
- Specializing in Adlerian counselling with individuals, couples and families.
I am a keen diagnostician who never shies away from a challenge.
- Dr. Steve Webne, Ph.D., C.Psych., Registered Psychologist – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in treating children, adolescents and families. Provides psychological assessments.
I offer assessment, consultation and treatment. Our goal is to enhance the lives of those with whom we work. Above all, we listen to those we serve.
- Hazel Zemel, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in couple and family therapy with particular focus on blended families.
I have a deep appreciation of your story and an ability to get to the ‘heart of the matter’ quickly. You will find me compassionate, thorough and engaged.