Addiction counselling helps people who have addictions to gambling, alcohol and other drugs. Our experts have many years of experience dealing with these issues. The Addiction counsellor will offer an assessment to explore:
- current use
- patterns of using
- history of using
- benefits and consequences of substance use
- safety and supports
- your process of making change
- your coping strategies
The Addiction Counsellor will help:
- understand cravings, thoughts and feelings related to using
- develop alternative healthier coping strategies
- develop self-care and boundaries
- develop relapse prevention strategies
Some people with addiction problems may want abstinence and others may be seeking harm reduction goals.
Counselling is also available for significant others (partners, parents, adult children) who are concerned about family members’ use of substances.
Addiction Counselling Therapists Include:
- Eva Ingber, M.S.W., Registered Social Worker - Psychotherapy
- Specializing in addictions, women’s issues and support to concerned significant others.
I work in partnership with my clients, focusing on people’s individual strengths, with a goal of enhancing one’s self-care and coping strategies. In addition, I provide counselling in the area of addictions and mental health, supporting the individual, as well as partners, and parents.
- Elsa Monteiro, Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW, Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapy
- Specializing in therapy with children, adolescents and adults.
For over twenty years I have supported individuals and families in overcoming and transforming various life challenges. I value therapeutic conversations that seek to activate people’s own knowledge, skills and resources as they navigate their recovery. My work with clients gives voice to stories of resiliency and resistance.